Honest SEO is a digital marketing agency specializing in Search Engine Optimization (SEO). We work on websites ranging from small, local businesses to larger brands with 20 million+ website visitors per month. We pride ourselves on delivering incredible results for our clients with cutting-edge SEO tactics, and doing so with transparency and integrity. We are a small, (permanently) remote team, always testing and trying out new things to solve complex SEO issues for our clients. There’s lots of room for growth. We’re a startup that is expanding very quickly and actively continuing to hire.
We are more interested in hiring intrinsically motivated people who embody our values, vs those who have a specific technical background. Our company values are:
• Transparency and honesty
• Education, curiosity, and the pursuit of knowledge
• Empathy and mutual respect
• Presence and self-awareness
• Quality service
We’re looking for a Junior SEO Strategist to join our Account Management team. You must be an organized, creative, and analytical self-starter who loves experimentation and solving complex problems.
• Highly organized, with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize, managing multiple projects and clients simultaneously and efficiently.
• Strong communicator, with a highly articulate and firm understanding of the English language (spoken and written).
• Desire to grow--we invest heavily in our employees.
• Passion to learn as much as possible in general, and all things SEO in particular.
Reporting Structure: Report directly to the SEO Director and CEO, with a dotted line to the Senior SEO working with you on assigned accounts.
• Learn something new and interesting every day. We want you to become the best of the best and fully support education, curating a clear path to growth for our employees.
• Join us for SEO conferences/webinars to discover new trends.
• Help the team maintain our competitive edge by curating industry trends for our team and priority clients.
Culture Building: Be a flexible, present member of the team, helping wherever you can and collaborating with others to achieve team goals.
SEO Account Management: Split client duties with the Senior SEO Strategist that you are partnered with, with the Senior running point on strategy and the Junior leading execution.
Types of projects include:
• Monitor analytics and search console as well as keep up on latest algorithm updates and SEO trends.
• Work on off-site linkbuilding initiatives for our clients via digital PR, outreach or other means.
• Manage on-page optimization efforts and lead content initiatives.
• Perform keyword research for new pages and to improve existing content.
• Communicate with clients on a monthly or semi-monthly basis on their accounts and new SEO developments.
• Prepare monthly SEO and analytics reports.
• Conduct SEO audits and continuously improve upon previous SEO efforts.
• Learn how to and generate huge increases in organic traffic for our clients.
• Experiment (and sometimes fail) with new SEO tactics and strategies, continuously testing and problem solving.
• Perform Local SEO activities through citation building, local link outreach, and Google My Business Management.
• Work on technical SEO initiatives using tools like Screaming Frog and Ahrefs.
• Basic Knowledge of HTML
• Knowledge and Experience with WordPress and other CMS’s
• Keyword Research and On-Page Optimization Experience
• Firm understanding of Google Analytics and Google Search Console
• Knowledge of SEO tools, such as Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, Google Tag Manager, SEMRush, Moz, Majestic, Google Analytics and more
• Local SEO experience a plus
• Off-Site, Digital PR, Linkbuilding experience
• Prior experience in UX/UI
• Experience working with remote teams
• PHP, CSS, HTML and coding background a plus
• Analytics background a plus
• Dedicated learning plan to ensure professional development through continuous mentorship.
• Join a team of passionate marketers who are excited to build a great future for our company.
• Fully remote position: work from home or anywhere in the world.
• Competitive pay.
• Flexible work hours.
Compensation: Depends On Experience (DOE). We are big proponents of paying people what they're worth and creating a path for growth.